Use water sparingly during pipe repairs
Residents are asked to please use water sparingly while repair work is being conducted to the main water pipe over the Sand River.
The pipe has had to be removed to allow the repair to the concrete support pillars.
In other Kouga Municipal road repair news:
* Little pothole repair can be done while the potholes are full of water. Additional staff have been employed for this task.
* Steps have been taken to re-route surface water away from St Francis Bay and towards the Sand River.
* Kouga Council has agreed to a new pipe being installed under St Francis Drive to channel water from one side of the golf course to the other. The St Francis Bay Golf Club has constructed a drainage system to take this water to the sea.
* Duncan Lethbridge Junior has submitted a proposal to construct a new ditch along St Francis Drive above Santareme to channel the water away from this area.
* All Rates queries should be addressed to Sizeka Khanye on 042-200-2283 firstname.lastname@example.org of the municipality.
Info supplied to St Francis Chronicle by the SFBRA and edited by Bev Mortimer
All articles edited or written, all photos taken plus all adverts designed by the Editor and printed in the St Francis Chronicle are protected by the law of Copyright ©. Reproduction or copying of any part of the contents of this newspaper and its concept and design can only be done with the Editor’s written permission.