Road and Flood Warning – update
This notice has been put out now by Kouga Municpality:
1. Humansdorp – Oyster Bay road: CLOSED due to the flooding.
2. St Francis Bay – Oyster Bay road: Open only to 4×4 vehicles.
3. R330 between Weston and Hankey: Only one lane is open; the other lane is flooded, so please drive carefully
4. Harbour Road section of St Francis Drive, St Francis Bay: Water is rising fast and Harbour Road might need to be closed off to vehicles within the next few hours
5. N2 at Kareedouw turn-off: A tree has fallen into the road. Emergency Services are busy removing it. Motorists asked to be patient please.
6. Sand River bridge to St Francis: Still fine; no threat; water flow being monitored
The worst-hit areas are Sea Vista (St Francis Bay), Umzamowethu (Oyster Bay) and Sewende Laan (Humansdorp). Kouga’s Emergency Services are assisting affected families